TR Slitting, Scoring, Perforating & Semi-Slitting System
The TR Finishing System offers the highest level of automation for wider format high volume runs from digital and offset presses.
Dedicated engineering has made the TR Scoring machine the right choice for commercial and digital printers and binderies alike with its “die-score” quality. Scoring is required when folding any type of heavy card stock or coated paper. This single-pass, multiple-processing workhorse performs slits, scores, and perforates to eliminate additional labor and extra guillotine workstations at speed up to 15,000 sph.
Hardened ground concentric shafts maintain perfect score depth. Heavy duty upper and lower steady bearings achieve less than .001” shaft displacement, even while processing heavyweight stock. The TR finishes large-format sheetfed products up to 30”, 36” and 42” in width.
The versatile TR System can be easily configured to fit any need, including right-angle processing (with a Rollaway) with a wide variety of cutting heads for all your custom needs. In addition to the speed and versatility of the TR System, you’ll enjoy a higher quality finished product. Crisp scores and razor-sharp cuts that are flawless.
- Score, slit and perforate simultaneously and in combination with your existing folder
- Extended cross carrier and micrometer adjustable side guide
- Double Head model for deeper scoring
- Single-pass processing for exact placement of scores, slits, etc. in seconds
- Patented S-Roll Corrugation system
- Deliver finished products five times faster than conventional methods with just with one operator
- Greater speed and ultimate accuracy, even at high production speeds
- Eliminates cracking and achieves sharper creases on difficult stocks
- Process challenging jobs confidently with a higher level of Quality Control
- Guarantees perfectly parallel slits, scores or perforations
- Add a right angle folder for high speed in-line scoring and folding
- Hot/cold glue systems and inkjet for customized mail production lines
- Bi-directional perforating, scoring and slitting*
- Four-sided finishing*
- Multi-programmable “Strike” feature for creating tear-off reply cards or perf-off coupons
- Vacuum feeder for stocks ranging from a 16 lb. carbonless to a 28 pt. board
- Angular micrometer adjustments to correct imperfect stock or press registration
*Requires Rollaway Right Angle Unit
- Sizes: 30”, 36”, 42”
- Minimum Sheet Size: TR30: 4″x5″ / TR36: 4″x5″ / TR42: 4″x5″
- Maximum Sheet Size: TR30: 29”x 30″ / TR36: 35” x 36″ / TR42: 41” x 42″
- Floor Space: TR30: 48″x10′ / TR36: 54″x12′ / TR42: 60″x 14′
- Feeding System: Top Air Feed
- Stock: 16 lb Carbonless to 28 pt. board
- Speeds: Up to 15,000 sheets per hour
- Electrical requirements: 220 V3 phase
- Gross Weight: TR30: 980 lbs / TR36: 1,250 lbs / TR42: 1,422 lbs